Thursday, August 16, 2007

PDI-Cast will soon be back - and REALLY podcast.

I'll have the first installment of PDI-Cast posted here at the PDI blog by this morning late. This time, I have a much better idea how to get it out to the podcast world. (I have a nice, Progressive mentor helping me and pointing me to many, many great podcasting resources. Thank you, Jenny!!!)

This will be a rough 1st edition, not advance-written or practiced, so bear with me. The 'cast will get better with time.

I'm also working on tools to allow other members to collaborate on producing new shows going forward.

We'll also in time have the option of recording the show from a Skype free webcast conference call at some point in the future, which will also allow us to bring on guests from around the web, and do online interviews and more.

Eventually, we can add our own musical theme, sound effects, and other items.

A video-cast may even be possible, but we need to learn to walk and trot before we start running marathons.

The subject of the 08/16/2007 will of course be Progressive Fest Illinois. What better way to kick off the 'cast?

While you're waiting for me to get this podcast published, try downloading the free Golden Ear - an easy to use old-school style podcast receiver; styled to look like an retro radio and designed to be as easy to use. (Other podcast clients and software are available HERE - there are feed-readers for all sorts of devices and operating systems available.)

I'll be looking forward to working with my fellow Co-Chair, Hal on some of our upcoming podcasts very soon.

This is going to be great fun!

Dan

No comments: